So in case you haven't noticed by now gardening is a major summer past time in the Midwest! And earlier this spring as my friends and family buried their noses in latest and greatest gardening books, talked about soil constitution, and started their intense plotting their neat square foot gardens I wanted to join in the fun! Who wouldn't want fresh tomatoes, zucchini, green beans?
But the reality is I was moving into a small studio on the 5th floor in downtown Saginaw. While I could have planted a little garden in the courtyard the likelihood of me trekking the 102 stairs to water, weed and harvest my well plotted produce was slim to nil.
So with the help of my mother (thanks ma!) I planted my own square inch kitchen garden full of all of the things we need! In my little window planter I managed to carefully plot rosemary, thyme, chives, and of course BASIL BASIL BASIL.
I just love being able to clip some fresh chives for our morning eggs and basil to throw on just about anything for dinner! And (fingers crossed) maybe just maybe I'll be able to keep it going all winter long!
I'm thinking about adding a little pot of mint, any suggestions?
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment